Looking to Sell your Indiana Home?
Are you considering selling your house? If the answer yes, make sure you plan and prepare to reduce the amount of stress moving can cause. Reaching out to a local realtor to discuss the best plan is a great start. See below some tips on how to prep to sell your home to sell and also pointers to help you create a plan to get your home ready to sell. Take a look at our tips and tricks on prep and selling your home:
- Declutter. The first step in your plan should be to reduce & get rid of unneeded items that make rooms appear to be smaller than they are. Messy, cluttered rooms do not allow the interested buyer to see the full potential of a clean & well-organized home. Remove items off kitchen counters & refrigerators.
- Remove some of your furniture. Understandably, most people live in their home while attempting to sell, so keeping essential items like your beds, couches, tables is needed and helps envision what the home could look like. However, oversized furniture, unneeded bookshelves, end tables, shelving, extra chairs, can make a home look overcrowded. In this case, renting a storage unit can be a temporary solution while staging your home to sell.
- Get rid of personal décor. Go through your home and remove all personal items. Photos of family, religious symbols, collections, and other family heirlooms and knick-knacks. These items can also be stored in the storage unit with your furniture.
- Deep clean. If you have the time and desire, you can deep clean your home however, hiring a professional cleaning service to come in and provide a deep clean is also a great solution. This cleaning includes, going through entire house and removing cobwebs in the ceilings, corners and baseboards, moving furniture and cleaning underneath beds, dressers, couches, wash all windows and windowsills, wipe down cabinetry. Be sure to dust, vacuum, and put everything away before each showing.
- Improve curb appeal. Planting colorful flowers and plants and keeping flowerbeds weed free is very important. Paint your front door and freshen up your mailbox and front porch. First impression while driving by is one of the most important selling points to a home on the market.
- Repair small things. Any minor mishap or blemish can cause a potential buyer to question the upkeep of the home. Be sure to patch any holes in walls, broken doors/cabinets. Hire a handyman to fix all the minor problems correctly.
- Make selected home repairs. Minor modernizations to your home can go a long way. Update light fixtures, bathroom vanities, or putting a fresh coat of neutral paint. Don’t feel the need to paint entire home, as new home buyers typically like to make their home their own by painting prior to moving in, but a fresh coat of paint in a small room or bedroom might modernize the home.
Access Storage Now
Here at Access Storage Now we know how much work it takes to prep and sell a house. That why our storage representatives are happy to help and explain to you how our storage units can help you with your move. Take a look at our storage facilities and give us a call if you have questions!