How to safely store a mattress in Storage
Posted: December 29, 2020
Whether storing a tradition spring mattress or memory foam, follow these tips.
- Remove all bedding from mattress – do not store with sheets & mattress covers still on.
- Clean the mattress with upholstery cleaner, let it dry & vacuum both sides.
- Wrap the mattress in a secure & breathable plastic cover. Secure with tape/rope – you can also purchase a mattress cover based on the size of mattress you are storing
- We suggest using a temperature-controlled unit to store upholstered/fabric items.
- Make sure to store the mattress flat – storing on its side can deform & make it fall out of its shape.
- DO NOT lay mattress directly on floor – use boxes inside unit or even the bed frame itself to set the mattress on if possible.
- Don’t place heavy items on top of the mattress as that could cause it to deform.